View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 03:20 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default Jun. 30

Ignorance & Innocence

June 30, 2012

Read: Romans 5:12-21

As sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. óRomans 5:21

Some people avoid going to the doctor because they donít want to find out that anything is wrong with them. Some people avoid going to church for the same reason. But ignorance of our sickness doesnít make us healthy, and ignorance of our sin doesnít make us innocent

Roman law is considered to be the source of the idea that ignorance of the law excuses no one. But the concept originated much earlier. When God gave the law to Israel, He established that even unintentional sin required a sacrifice for forgiveness (Lev. 4; Ezek. 45:18-20).

In his letter to Christians living in Rome, the apostle Paul addressed the issue of ignorance or lack of understanding. When people were ignorant of Godís righteousness, they made up their own (Rom. 10:3). When we live according to our own standards of right and wrong, we might feel good about ourselves, but that doesnít make us spiritually healthy. Only when we are measured by Godís standard of righteousness (Jesus) do we know the condition of our spiritual health.

None of us can achieve the righteousness of Christ, but thankfully we donít have to. He shares His righteousness with us (5:21). The good news about finding out whatís wrong with us is that the Great Physician can make us well.
Great Physician, You know my heart. I bow
before You now and ask that You show me
any attitude or action that doesnít please You.
Make me clean; make me well.
God is the Measurer and Healer of our spiritual health.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever