ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - obama is president!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Please BigIron, Wizard addressed you with #'s and facts, you came back with opinions and emotionalism.

Really? Quoting Scrooge?

And further, your one statement was particularly wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigironcross View Post
His real problem was that Obama trying to work with the Republican congress and all they were interested in was to keep him from being re-elected.
He had a majority in the House his first two years and he has had a majority in the Senate his ENTIRE term. He passed many of the key items he talked about when campaigning.

He has had the following major pieces of legislation pass the Congress and be signed into law:
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Stimulus)
Car Allowance Rebate System (Cash for Clunkers)
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

And although TARP was passed under President Bush, President Obama was involved in the GM bailout with TARP funds (among other things).

When you say that Obama has a problem, I am assuming you think that things are not quite right with the country currently?

I feel that I debunked your theory of Obama's problem, so I am curious to know, what exactly is his problem?

-----

Edit:

Some legislation that he attempted to get through;

Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 (Card Check) - a Union bill that was blocked by Democrats when they had a majority in the Senate after having already passed the Hhouse.
American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 (Cap and Trade; re: Climate Change) - would have set up an emissions trading system favored by Obama, passed the House in 2009 when he had a majority in both Houses of Congress.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 06-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.