ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Carb Cycling, is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
kcspread is cutting... as usual
Rookie

I tried a CKD (Cyclical Ketogenic Diet) diet a few months back. I'd had success with an Atkins diet some years before.

I hated it the CKD.

I would go low-carb during the week, and carb up on the weekend.

By Friday, my energy levels were zero. I couldn't wait for Saturday. The main reason I quit this diet was that I noticed was that my insides would stack up, and the weekend carbs would bring relief on the porcelain throne. This odd processing convinced me to stop. The diet didn't feel healthy, and to make my carb counts I had to eat carb-free foods--many of which I didn't care to eat. Put'em together and it was an unsustainable diet.

I'm on a more sensible diet now. I count everything during the week, and eat freely yet sensibly on the weekends. My target is 2100 calories, 190-200g of protein, 10% fat, and 220 to 240g of carbs. The results show a greater fat loss than weight. Since ending the CKD, I've lost 3 pounds and 1.5 inches off the waist. I'm pleased with the results, and I can continue this diet because I look forward to the foods I eat, and they come frequently enough to keep hunger away.

The only drawback is I create quite a few dirty dishes, but feel great.