ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Calorie-covered Cardio
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeptruckin View Post
That part is done empirically by tracking the calories and my weight. But as far the eating/cardio goes, it starts out with an estimate of how much cardio for X calories. The idea is that I add X calories and do approximately X calories of cardio WHILE LEAVING EVERYTHING ELSE THE SAME (calorie intake, meal frequency, calorie balance) whether bulking or cutting.

I actually do think there is an advantage - heart conditioning as well as more calories of micronutrition opportunity. The question is whether or not the additional cardio will demand additional micronutrition equal to the X extra calories consumed. I do know people with higher metabolism are at an advantage, whether cutting or bulking. Part of the reason is the additional micronutrition opportunity (i.e. someone who burns 3000 calories a day and is running a 500 calorie deficit gets 500 more calories of intake micronutrtion opportunity compared to someone who bursn 2500 calories a day and is running a 500 calorie deficit). I'm thinking "calorie covered cardio" may actually end up simulating a faster metabolism ... plus the heart workout benefit.
Ahhh, Berardi's G-Flux concept. It has worked for me, that said, you probably won't have to add in that many calories.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano