ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
Definitely wanted to say congrats on your showing at the competition. All your hard work paid off as you were absolutely the best conditioned athlete out there. Looking at the guy who placed ahead of you, he was bigger than you overall, but he did not match you level of vascularity and definition.
Thanks Wizard! Glad to you know you still peak in on the boards!

You are being too generous, if you look at the back shot I link to below, you can see that he had striated glutes as well. He was the only one besides me to have that level of conditioning. Plus he had the additional size. I now know what it will take to win an overall title.

http://hotshotsimages.smugmug.com/Vi...k8FC&lb=1&s=X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
I know you won!!! I was stating that to me..you CLEARLY won the novice..and like Wizzard said, you were better conditioned, he was bigger...its the "gray area"..lol
Bigbear, just making sure, lol! Glad you feel I clearly won, I felt the same about the Novice category. I am thrilled to have placed 2nd in the Open, that clearly shows how important conditioning is since both 3rd, 4th and 5th were all a bit bigger than me.

No gray area though, he clearly deserved the victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
That being said, what areas will you be focusing on for improvement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
I was about to ask the same question. Also is there anything you plan to do different this bulk?
Well, when I compare our physiques from this photo in particular:
http://hotshotsimages.smugmug.com/Vi...NfH4&lb=1&s=X3

2 things stand out:
1) Overall Size/Thickness
2) Arms

I'd say my chest, legs, back, and delts are comparable to his in terms of definition and symmetry, just a bit smaller. However, while he is clearly bigger overall, his arms just COMPLETELY dwarf mine. And arms are obviously important for bodybuilding.

So my training won't change a ton, I plan on sticking with the basics and eating big to try and continue to put on overall size and thickness. However, I will have to dedicate some additional time for arm work.

My main arm isolation day is Saturday. To hit triceps more throughout the week, I am throwing much more Overhead Press because of the added benefit of bigger delts/traps. I will also be doing more Bench Pressing with chains to overload the triceps. Finally I will try to include some more Overhead Extensions to hit the triceps in a stretch position. To hit biceps more, I plan on adding in some more volume on chinups (again, like Overhead Press, more bang for my buck), and a bit more curls thrown in as active rest during my workouts.

I will throw up a post detailing my upcoming plan.

Regarding doing anything differently this bulk. Not much, I felt I was doing almost everything I could to be a nutrient partitioning machine (carb timing, supplements, vitamins, multiple workouts). I felt like I gained mostly quality weight during my bulk over last year.

Probably the main difference, is that I will keep my activity up a tad higher than last time. For example, I will keep practicing my posing throughout the day (think, bathroom breaks) as it is an effective way to increase glucose uptake and it requires very little time and no equipment, very versatile. I will continue to throw in little bonus workouts when I have time (resistance band holds, tire dragging).

I will actually be taking in less protein and making up the difference with brown rice mostly. This is a BUDGETARY decision, I was spending way too much money on myself and not being the best steward of our family's finances. I am excited to see what God allows me to accomplish with less protein, but better stewardship.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 04-27-2012 at 04:04 PM.