ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Trial of Dedication, a workout journal.
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

I mailed in my LA fitness cancellation form, so that will go through in 10 days or whatever. I still have that time though, and possibly I already paid for the 'last month' so I may try to get in here and there as able to squeeze out some leg days, like I did today. Today was excruciating, but not in the way I'd prefer. I'm working graveyard at the moment, so my bed time is around 10am-2pm depending, and today I had an appointment at 2pm, and hit the gym around 2:45-3. It was like the average person working out at 2-3am with very little sleep the night before. Barely made it out, glad I'm not ER bound, which is quite possible for me in these situations. Food, then straight to bed is in my future, once I rest enough to get up and make a small meal (PWO shake already consumed, **** hemp protein got on my shirt, looks like sand).

So the workout was NOT NEARLY full energy, to say the least, but at least I got my hamstrings a bit, which I don't really hit at my apartment gym, as well as hip adductor/abductor. Overall, worthwhile.

Warmup Legpress set: 1x15x400
1x12x480
1x10x495
1x8x495
(max on the cable based machine, will switch to weighted machines next time to get a worthwhile weight with hack squats instead of these very limiting machines, but I wasnt all in it today)
20670lbs

Leg Curls:
2x9x125
2250lbs

Leg Extensions:
2x8x160
2560lbs

Hip Adductors:
1x15x130
1950lbs

Hip Abductors:
1x15x200
3000lbs

Torso weight ab/hyper extension structure: 10-10
~2000lbs

Total weight volume: 32420. Next session goal 50,000lbs+ with hack squat as main lift.

All together a very minimal workout, but at least I hit some stuff I am not usually able to get at, not to mention the fact that I worked out at all in my ***ked up health life. Glad to see these weights are easy as hell for me at least, even when I am just plain messed up. If only I could lift regularly...On the plus side, I moved in with my girlfriend and I am moving over my exercise bike tomorrow I believe so I can hit cardio every day instead of being limited because of the apartment gyms hours not being in sync with graveyard shift.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com