ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Men’s Open Tall

Now I head backstage and I had a few minutes before the Men’s Open Tall went out for the awards. I pump up a bit more and wait. Finally, were up. The five of us are waiting to go on stage and one of the guys says “Let’s have fun up there!” And we did, it was probably my favorite part of the night. Because it was the Open, they seemed to let the pose off go longer. I did my best poses and really had a blast and we filed off stage.

I honestly would have been happy with fifth place in this class. They were great physiques in my opinion, I was just happy to be there with them. Well, they call out 5th and it wasn’t me, then 4th and 3rd. I seriously could not believe it. It was the EXACT opposite of the Novice Class. As I mentioned above, having seen the list and done some logical thinking, it appeared that I was the Novice Tall winner before I heard it announced. But with the Open class, I had no idea where I would place and did not expect to do so well.
I shook hands with the gentleman beside while we waited to hear who was second. They announced my name and my friends and family went nuts again. It was awesome. The gentleman who won the Open Tall class went on to win the Overall. I have no shame losing to him, he had a phenomenal physique and he truly deserved and earned his victory.

Final Results

1st Place – Novice Men’s Tall

2nd Place – Open Men’s Tall (losing to the Overall Champion)

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano