ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Awards

Novice Men’s Tall

After chatting with my wife and a few friends that also ended coming out, I made me way backstage. The list was finally posted and I made the top 5 for Novice Men’s Tall. And honestly, I missed my number for the top 5 on the Men’s Open. But I was happy, at least I made the top 5 in the Novice Men’s Tall, it was only 10 minutes or so later that I rechecked the board and realized I made the top 5 for the Open Tall class as well.
Can I let you in on a secret? I am the dorky type and I started comparing the lists, I noticed that I was the ONLY competitor from the Novice Tall that made the Open Tall. I started to think, “Did I win Novice?” I was getting pretty excited even though I had to convince myself that anything can happen and maybe I did not understand how it works. And that I should be happy whatever place I take.
I probably did not go out for the Novice Tall Awards until close to 9:00pm. I am pumped and really excited for this. The way it worked at this show, was the brought out the top 5 (in no particular order) and they have a pose off/free pose for about 20 seconds. Then we filed off stage and they announce 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and finally first. I was pretty confident that I would not be fifth, but still, with each name, I am backstage thinking, “Not me, not me!”
They call three places and there is just me and one other guy backstage. They call his name for second place and I could hear my friends and family (who were in the 2nd row!) go crazy because I am the only one left! It felt so awesome.

All the hard work paid off and I won Novice Men’s Tall!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano