ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Night show

Night show meeting at 5:30, that goes well. I am still looking tight and feeling good. Night show starts at 6:30 and I go out for my routine around 7:15. The competitor who went out immediately before me had his CD not function in the DJís equipment. I am thinking ďOh great, is this going to happen to me?Ē So before I go out, I am triple checking with the DJ, ďAre you sure it is going to play?Ē Luckily it did, the routine went fairly smoothly. They had us on a smaller riser on the stage which cramped my intended movement a bit (my wife told me later that some of the clearly more seasoned competitors ditched the stage and went where they wanted, now I know for the future). Also the DJ started fading out my music at 60 seconds! I was told they would not cut out until 70 seconds. My routine was 68 seconds, so I finished my routine, but to music that was fading into silence, lol.
Naturally, I pumped up a bit for my routine, but I was really looking forward to seeing the top 5 in each class. The guy running everything backstage started posting the top 5 right around 6:30, but he stopped when he got to Novice Menís Tall, I had to laugh, he only had the Novice Tall and the Menís Open left to post up on his list, and he stopped. The suspense was killing me, I just wanted to make the top 5.
I wanted to watch some other guys and see if I could see my family, plus I did not want to sit backstage because I would just keep checking the board. I snuck into the back of the auditorium and had the pleasure of watching some routines. I worked out great because then my wife got up to use the bathroom, I surprised her when I followed her out (she didnít see me in the dark but I could recognize her coming up the aisle). She was proud of me and it felt good to finally see her as I had not seen her since leaving my house at 9:30 am.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano