ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Prejudging

Prejudging started at noon, and with how the classes were set up, I did not go on until close to 2:30 for Novice Men’s tall and then again about 3:15 for Open Men’s Tall.
I am REALLY glad I practiced posing as much as I did. The judges put us through a decent amount of quarter turns and poses. We hit them all, even the less common ones like calves, side oblique/serratus, and hamstring. Novice was 10 guys and Open was 11 (if I can remember correctly). Not huge, but no small either, they shuffled us around a good bit. There was a lot of time holding the front relaxed. When we went backstage, we were all laughing about how are our delts were burning from holding that pose so long.
During the posing, I could see some of the guys huffing and puffing and shaking pretty bad. I was not completely free of the shakes, for instance, I could feel my spiked leg quiver a bit on the side chest and tricep, but for the most part, I was pretty stable. All the practice paid off and I felt stage presence was a strong point for me. In particular, I was glad Stu recommended holding the relaxed poses for 2 minutes. I needed that practice, especially for the front relaxed. In spite of my composure, it was definitely a workout, I left the stage with a good sweat going. I had a few minutes to relax, eat a bit and then pump up a bit more before the Open Tall.
Open Tall class had some, in my opinion, really strong competitors. They had size and leanness, not the same level of leanness I had, but still great physiques. My confidence increased when a random guy in the crowd became my fan! He started when I was out for the Novice class and continued when I was out for the Open. He made comments such as:
“28, you got the best conditioning out there”
“All day 28”
“Show the glutes and hamstrings 28”
It was pretty awesome, I had two friends in the audience for the prejudging (most of my friends and family came to the night show) and they were vocal, but they did not know the sport and were just having fun. To have someone who clearly knew the sport, shouting words of encouragement was fantastic, it made me feel great.
In the video above, I mention being in the center, I think I was a bit delirious at that point, because I saw the professional video of the show (they were showing it backstage during the night show) and I was not smack in the center, but I was near the center. So after some shuffling, I spent a good portion of the final posing during the Open Tall class near the center of the pack, which had me feeling good.
Now it was time to relax, luckily the show was only 15 minutes from my father-in-laws house, so I was able to go chill out for about an hour and a half. I call my wife and let her know that prejudging went well, she was glad to hear since I was so bummed when I left the house.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano