ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Saturday Morning

I woke up at 168. Now I feel even worse. At one week out I was 174 and looking great, then I was 170 after the deplete and I was hoping to be at least 172 after the load and preferably closer to 174. But I was too conservative on my load. I think I could have handled closer to 900 grams of carbs instead of 600 grams. I will write up more on the carb deplete and load after the show write up.
I contacted my best friend on Friday evening as he was planning on coming to prejudging, so I was going to give him my backstage pass since my father-in-law would not be there. Well, unfortunately, he was coming from pretty far away and that ended up falling through.
My wife told me later after the show, that I was pretty miserable on Saturday morning. I felt like I was trying to be upbeat, but apparently I was not very convincing. I kept saying, “Well, the pressure is off (because I felt so small compared to the other guys), I can just go and have fun.” I was trying to look on the bright side, but she could tell I was feeling down.
I depart and get to where the show is being held. Check in and the contestant meeting went smoothly. While in line for check in, it was much like the night previous, there was not much talking, but I changed that because I wanted to make the most of this experience, so I talked with anyone who was around me. I am glad I did because I met some nice guys.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano