ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Intermittent fasting
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Izzo View Post
Sounds tough. A 19-24 hour fast can be easy to do, but I wouldn't want to do it every day. Similarly, even an 8 hour fast with your schedule would be tough.

Just realize though that you don't have to have a constant supply of food in your system or even to eat every 2-3 hours. You don't have to eat as soon as you wake up around 6:00 AM either. And my bet is that you probably aren't hungry yet at that hour anyways.

If you wanted to give it another shot, a 10 hour window would probably be a lot more comfortable. You could probably even use a longer eating window. Even if you aren't fasting for long enough to reap the best fat burning benefits from IF, the overall point would be to make the diet more comfortable. For example, if you weren't typically hungry at 6:00 AM, you would be much better off waiting a few hours and eating later when you will be able to enjoy it better. Additionally, you wouldn't have to eat every few hours either. The main ideas I am looking at is to make the diet easier to adhere to. That's pretty much it.

Another thing that might have been somewhat helpful for me at first is that I was trying one to two 24 hour fasts per week. If you can do that, 8 hours seems like a walk in the park.

Anyways, one of the best things I liked about IF is the comfort of knowing that I don't have to prepare 6 meals for the whole day. Preparing 2 meals per day is not only painless, but it's enjoyable. And it's a heck of a lot easier to make adjustments as necessary.
2 meals would be a hell of a lot of calories for me lol