ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Intermittent fasting
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Charles Izzo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
sadly IF is utter crap!
I totally disagree. The proof is in the pudding. It simply works. That is why it is gaining popularity. Personally, I plateaued with leanness while eating 6 meals per day, then tried IF and got down to around 10% (without counting calories).

Quote:
you will NEVER find anyone over 200lb who does this style.
I would also find it highly unlikely to find someone who is truly natural to be over 200 lbs at 5-6% body fat, unless they were like 6'6". One would have to be young and naive to believe otherwise.

Quote:
it has no use for muscle holding...
Why would it have to? All it would have to do is to be proven not to have a negative impact on muscle retention while cutting. And the studies I have seen indicate just that. You can go a short period of time without food without a problem, and you can also go on rather low calories for several weeks without a problem. The real problems come into play when you try to cut calories severely and for an extended period of time.

Anyways, if you discount the differences in weight do to water and glycogen, muscle retention actually is quite easy. A special diet isn't required to do it. Just don't try to lose weight way too fast.