View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 04:39 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default Mar. 11

Beauty In The Church

March 11, 2012

Read: Exodus 36:1-7

When my husband, Jay, and I decided to build a new house, we didnít recruit friends and family who enjoy working with power tools; instead we hired a skilled builder to create something both functional and beautiful.

Beauty in the church building, however, is not always a high priority. Some associate it with impracticality, so anything ornate or decorative is considered wasteful. But that wasnít Godís attitude when He established a place of worship for the ancient Israelites. He didnít recruit just anybody to set up an ordinary tent. He appointed skilled craftsmen, Bezalel and Oholiab (Ex. 36:1), to decorate the tabernacle with finely-woven tapestries and intricately designed ornaments (37:17-20).

I think the beauty was important then because it reminded the people of the worth of God in their worship. During the dry and dusty days of desert wanderings, they needed a reminder of Godís majesty.

The beauty created by Godís people in worship settings today can serve the same purpose. We offer God our best talents because He is worthy. Beauty also gives us a glimpse of heaven and whets our appetites for what God is preparing for our future.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever