ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Some updates:

WHOOPS, TOO EXPLOSIVE

I was finishing up a bench session with a lighter set (as CT talked about, always ending with a really explosive set). Well....

Not griping the bar tight enough + Light weight/super explosive = Bar slipping out of hand

Bar slipping out of hand also happens to equal the bar landing extremely close to my neck. I was a bit shaken up from this, but luckly I recovered quick, got it off my chest and moved on. Did I mention I am squeezing the bar harder now?

SHRUGS

Doing a set of shrugs with a deep stretch, I accidently let it stretch too far and really strained my neck. That was on Tuesday, 2 days later it still is really tight and hurts if I move it suddenly.

Needless to say, I was ticked off at myself. Shrugs aren't exactly a personal favorite of mine, nor do I think they offer much bang for your buck, however, I like to give my traps that extra bit of stimulation and it's easy to strip a bit of weight off after doing deadlifts and hit a few sets. Well, I will either be ditching the shrugs or being much more conscious of how far I let the weight pull my traps down.

NEW NIGHT SHOW POSING VIDEO

I've tweaked the routine slightly since last time. I think it complements my body more with the changes I have made. I realized after watching this that I need to work on making my transitions smoother. I've been practicing mostly the mandatory poses and obviously, you don't have to worry about hitting a pose timed to music during the pre-judging. I feel confident that if I practice the night show routine more often I can get it smoother, but right now my priority is still practicing the mandatory poses.

In this video, I am 52 Days out from the show. I feel the lighting accurately shows my conditioning. Overall, I am pleased with how I look. Legs are a bit behind my upperbody, but I have seen them steadily improving so I am not concerned. I woke up at 183 the day this video was shot (last night). VERY happy to be 13 pounds OVER the previous cut (October 2010) and just as conditioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkL-ZOdomrM

ORDERED MY TRUNKS

I ordered my posing trunks yesterday, I went with dark grey flex cut from Cherry Bombs. I plan to do a mandatory poses video once I get the trunks.

-------

"It is tyrannical to force faith-based organizations to commit what they consider sins and dictate to insurance companies that they deliver a service for free — namely, birth-control coverage — for which they normally charge money"

Deroy Murdock, National Review

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 03-01-2012 at 01:16 PM.