ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Thursday - 58 days - chest focus (was supposed to be leg focus, but my lower back was sore from previous glute ham raises and I may drag my tire latter today anyways)

Squat w/ Band Pullapart Holds
25ox5, 4 sets

Bench with Chains (+50 pounds at the top) - all reps paused on chest
167.5x5, 6 sets

superset with

Front Lever Holds

Triset: 5 rounds
A) Inverted Row on Rings - BWx4, isometric hold for 4 seconds on last rep
B) Ring Dips - BWx5
C) Band Chest Hold - maltese position

------

After taking yesterday off, I weighed in at 182 this morning.

I still had a great training session today, but I must get this bodyweight under control.

I don't fear that I have lost any muscle mass yet. I am assuming most of it is water weight, I really don't think I lost 3 pounds of fat or muscle in a day or two. My concern is if I REMAIN this low and I am depleted then I will be catabolic and losing LBM. So I am refeeding again in an attempt to get weight back up to 184-5 ish where I expect it to be for now. With glycogen stores refilled, than I can safely resume previous diet. At least, that is my thinking, if anyone else has input I'd love to hear it.

TONS OF POSING PRACTICE

Something else to consider. On my refeed on Tuesday, I did 14 poses (10 mandatory and 4 relaxed) for 10 sets of 8 to 10 second contractions. Even taking 8 seconds, that is 1120 second of hard muscle contraction. Goal was to drive the refeed into my muscles (like I did during my "mock" contest carb load). But I wonder how your body reacts to that intense stimulus the following day when you go back to reduced carb/calorie eating?

I lost 2 pounds the following day. Was my metabolism still revving from the 1000 plus seconds of intense contractions?

1000 seconds of contracting hard is a lot. A normal workout of 5x5 on bench and squats comes to about 200 seconds (50 reps at a 2,1,1 tempo roughly) plus assistance work, so maybe 350 total. Was my body recovering from the equivalent of 2 to 3 workouts?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 02-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.