ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Wow! Very impressive man! You look extremely symmetrical, and 3 months should be plenty of time to finish the job. I guess the only thing that seems a little behind is the hamstrings. But I am sure once you get a little more cut they will come in nicely.

I liked the posing routine and great song! Looks like you were having fun with it, too. :-)
Thanks!

Yeah, last cut (summer/fall 2010) my legs lagged behind as well. I am fairly happy with my quads and calves in terms of size, just need to shred them up a bit. However, hamstrings in particular need some additional work. I noticed when I was doing some side poses that they looked small. I will be trying to hit them with some extra sets of inverted glute ham raises.

Glad you like the song, got to give the glory back to God. I figured that song was a great way to do it. I love how it opens with James 1:16-17.

And yes, I am definitely having fun with the posing, especially the night show routine.

------

* For anyone just checking into my journal, the time frame below is until April 1st. My show isn't until April 21. So the time frame is to drive me to achieve proper leanness 3 weeks early.

Monday - 61 days - chest focus

Squat w/ Band Pullapart Holds
247.5x5, 4 sets

* last set of squat paused at bottom on final 2 reps

Bench with Chains (+50 pounds at the top) - all reps paused on chest
165x5, 6 sets

superset with

Front Lever Holds

Triset:
A) Inverted Row on Rings - BWx4, isometric hold for 4 seconds on last rep
* see picture below for more info
B) Ring Dips - BWx5
C) Band Chest Hold - maltese position

Similar to what I do, but my torso is parallel with floor and legs are perpendicular to floor/torso.

Diet Update:

I don't have my macros in front of me, but I knocked them down about 200 calories from a mix of carbs/fat.

I am a hair under 3000 calories right now.

Bodyweight last week: 187.1
Bodyweight this week: 186.1

Things are right on track thus far.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 01-31-2012 at 05:08 PM.