ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - St. Louis Cardinals
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 05:33 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

I think if everyone stays healthy the Cardinals have a good chance of winning the central. They have still yet to have a full season of David Freese thus far, as seen in the playoffs he's a difference maker. I can see Beltran having a comeback season much like Berkman had last season. There's rumors swirling that we are about to sign Roy Oswalt, so with him and Wainwright our pitching staff will be much improved from last season. I'm hoping for good things obviously.

As far as the Giants go, they haven't had an elite hitter in the lineup since Barry Bonds retired. Since then they've only really invested serious money in their pitching and neglected their bats. From what I've heard they sold out every game at AT&T last season so they have the money to spend, why they didn't look at Pujols and Fielder is beyond my comprehension. Somehow they believe guys like Cabrera, Pagan and Theriot are the answers to their problems. As far as their trade last season I was shaking my head, everyone at my work was excited. Why give up your number one prospect for a guy who will play a couple months and odds are likely he will sign with another team. Then when they didn't make the playoffs it just further revealed how bad of a move it was. Now you got me on a rant, I better stop because I could go all night.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever