ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Hurt my back doing D/L .... please help.
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
ecko31s is officially in full beast mode again
Bantamweight

Sounds like you sciatica. Sciatica occurs when there is pressure or damage to the sciatic nerve. This nerve starts in the lower spine and runs down the back of each leg. This nerve controls the muscles of the back of the knee and lower leg and provides sensation to the back of the thigh, part of the lower leg, and the sole of the foot. I suffered through this for three years and took muscle relaxers along with pain killers which only masked the pain. Eventually I stopped taking the medication because of the side effects that can come from taken them and built a tolerance for pain. I reinjured my back again while doing barbell rows and could barely get out of bed without pain. This time I went straight to the chiropractor and got an X-ray done. After going to physical therapy for a few weeks getting spinal adjustments, what do ya know the pain is gone and my back feels great with no pain at all. I wish I would have went years ago. I tell you what, I'm never doing bent over barbell rows, deadlifts, or stiff legged dead lifts again, because the injuries and pain that come along with them are not worth the risk to me any longer. I find alternate exercises to do that are less likely to cause me to re-injure my back.