ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Presidential Politics
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 PM
bigironcross is working to get less huge and better proportioned!
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
The flat tax comes straight out of the Bible. God says that everyone should give 10%. He apparently thinks it's fair.
Tithe is not a tax. God owns the whole 100%. He just wants us to give 10% (first fruit) for his service and to be a good steward of the other 90%.

Quote:
Okay, someone is going to have to explain this rational to me because apparently I am not bright enough to grasp it. How exactly to rich people benefit more from good roads . . . Do they drive on them more than other people? How do they benefits more from effective national security . . . are their lives and safety worth more than others? How do rich people benefit more from public education . . . Do the teachers in these schools only teach the rich kids while ignoring the poor ones? How do rich people benefit more from Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, public housing and farm subsidies?
Well, when I'm driving down the road, I sure see a lot of vehicles owned by businesses owned by rich people using them. And, national security is protecting these businesses. And, public education supplies them a educated work force which helps their businesses be successful.

Quote:
Taxes have nothing to do with increasing poverty rates. It has nothing to do with the overall income dropping for low/middle earners (which by the way it hasn’t . . . families are earning more now than they ever have). We all have less purchasing power because the value of our currency has been sabotaged through QE1, QE2, and other unsound fiscal policies.?
The percentage of people controlling a greater percentage of this country's wealth is getting smaller and smaller.

Quote:
Huh? You can’t inherit income. Income is something that you get paid for providing something else whether it be labor, goods, services, capital etc. No one has ever gotten an income for being born..?
I guess in your world people cannot use inherited money or resources to generate income?

Quote:
This notion that millionaires are taxed at a lower rate than lower wage earners is also completely false. For 2011 a person earning $1,000,000 in income will be taxed at 35%. A person earning up to $44,000 in income will be taxed somewhere between 10% - 15% (actually most othese people will end up not paying any taxes at all). This whole “millionaires pay less taxes than minimum wage earners” is complete hogwash.
No, a percentage of his $1,000,000 will be taxed at 35%. His initial $44,000 will be taxed at the same percentage as the person making only $44,000.

I have nothing against wealthy people. I just believe that they need to start paying their fair share since our nation has provide them the opportunity to generate the wealth that they enjoy.

James chapter 5 offers an interesting perspective on the rich.

Last edited by bigironcross; 11-04-2011 at 07:43 PM.