ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Presidential Politics
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigironcross View Post
I really don't understand why anyone believes a flat tax is fair.
The flat tax comes straight out of the Bible. God says that everyone should give 10%. He apparently thinks it's fair.
Quote:
I know that we all benefit from good roads, good schools, excellent military, etc. However, shouldn't the individuals who benefit most from these, pay the most (progressively) in taxes.
Okay, someone is going to have to explain this rational to me because apparently I am not bright enough to grasp it. How exactly to rich people benefit more from good roads . . . Do they drive on them more than other people? How do they benefits more from effective national security . . . are their lives and safety worth more than others? How do rich people benefit more from public education . . . Do the teachers in these schools only teach the rich kids while ignoring the poor ones? How do rich people benefit more from Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, public housing and farm subsidies?
Quote:
Federal taxes have decreased on all. However, the lions share of the decrease was enjoyed by the higher wage earners. Poverty rates are increasing. Income drops for lower and middle income earners and income increases for higher income earners. How is it fair?
Taxes have nothing to do with increasing poverty rates. It has nothing to do with the overall income dropping for low/middle earners (which by the way it hasn’t . . . families are earning more now than they ever have). We all have less purchasing power because the value of our currency has been sabotaged through QE1, QE2, and other unsound fiscal policies.
Quote:
And, don't tell me that these higher income earners earned their level of income when many just inherited it.
Huh? You can’t inherit income. Income is something that you get paid for providing something else whether it be labor, goods, services, capital etc. No one has ever gotten an income for being born.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
Now, I believe Millionaire should pay more because right now they have a lower tax rate than the middle class earners which is not fair.
This notion that millionaires are taxed at a lower rate than lower wage earners is also completely false. For 2011 a person earning $1,000,000 in income will be taxed at 35%. A person earning up to $44,000 in income will be taxed somewhere between 10% - 15% (actually most othese people will end up not paying any taxes at all). This whole “millionaires pay less taxes than minimum wage earners” is complete hogwash.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23