Bench Press
200, 220, 240x3
240x5

Active Rest:
Lat Pulldown
115x10, several sets

Band Face Pulls

------

After sticking with the program I designed for almost 10 months and 25 pounds of mass gains. I felt really stalled out....not in strength gains, things still felt good there, but in composition and weight gain.

I needed a fresh stimulus. High Frequency Strength (see this past week's log) has been it. When I first told my wife that I was going to squat, bench, deadlift and OH press everyday in an attempt to jumpstart new gains, she said "Aren't you going to LOSE weight?" And her thought process made sense as I had worried about that very same thing.

Even though my weight choice is moderate, the total tonnage weekly I move now is more due to the frequency of squatting and deadlifting in particular. So more weight moved equals more calories burned...and I wasn't planning on eating more because, honestly, at close to 6k calories, I don't feel like I can without developing an eating disorder, lol. I've grown weary of eating. So eating the same, burning more, my wife SHOULD have been correct.

But sometimes 1+1 doesn't always equal 2. I can't say why, is it a hormonal response to squatting and deadlifting so much? I don't know and honestly I don't care right now.

I've done it for 8 days now (Sunday off, so 7 days of B, Sq, OH, Dl daily), and I am up 1.5 pounds and I feel leaner. Being heavier and feeling leaner is the Holy Grail of bodybuilding. Will it continue to work? Again, I don't know, but I am going to ride this wave as long as I can.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 10-19-2011 at 04:47 PM.