DB Curl 15x10
DB Hammer Curl 15x10
Sled Row 87.5
Lateral Raise 15x5, 10x5
Front Raise 10x5
OH Press 110x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Really enjoying following this journey, it's crazy that you're almost up to 200 again and doing it the right way.
Thanks for following, it's been fun. I am hitting a wall at the upper 190's, gotta break through some how. But good news is I still have abs, best I've ever looked this heavey. Cut will be breeze if I stay this lean.

And I am completely sick of oats. I generally can eat the same foods over and over, but even I have a limit. 5 plus cups of oats for months on end is getting old, can't wait to cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
Reading your journal makes me feel like a lazy sack of turd lol.

Are you following a program or just making it up as you go along?
Ha, ha, thanks! However, if there is one thing you are not, it's lazy. You have the longest running journal on ABC and have been kicking butt for years.

I am following a program that I designed and ran by Workout Machine. I took everything I knew about strength and hypertrophy and created it.

The basic template revolves around a 3 week set up.

Week 1 is 6 sets of 3 or 5 depending on which day. Week 2 and 3 I add one set.

Week 4 is starting over at 6 sets but increasing weight.

After the sets of 3 or 5, I back off the weight (a predetermined percentage) and do sets of 6 or 8 (again, depending on the day) and also sets of 10 or 12.

(I haven't been following it to a "T" lately because my schedule has been thrown off and also because I've felt pretty good so I've been making more jumps in weight, i.e. sticking with the 8 sets and increasing weight)

I am focusing on using this progression with Flat Bench, Chinups, Squat and Deadlift. (although, I recently backed off the volume on chinups since back is a strength and I want to focus on other areas)

Overhead press has become my main upperbody assistance movement because it accomplished the bodybuilding goal of hitting triceps, delts and traps...and it's awesome. Can't really be too big on any of those muscles.

Lowerbody assistance is leg extensions and suspended bridge leg curl (basically it's an upside down glute ham raise).

Split is:
Monday AM - Bench Hypertrophy, 10 reps
Monday Lunch - OH Press, sets of 6
Tuesday - Squat, 5 reps
Wednesday AM - Bench, Chinup, 5 reps
Wednesday Lunch - Bench, Chinup, 8 reps (this has changed slightly since I've been missing my AM workouts)
Thursday - Deadlift, 5 reps
Friday AM - Bench, Chinup, 3 reps (I've been dropping chins lately for 2 reasons, back pretty sore from Deadlifts and wanting to give some volume to other areas of weakness)
Friday Lunch - Bench, Chinup, 6 reps (see AM note)
Saturday - Weaknesses - Legs/Arms

I drag the tire whenever I am able to since that doesn't interfere with workouts and I even believe it aids recovery if don't go balls to the wall with it.

I also throw in light weight isolation stuff in the evenings if I have a chance, nothing serious, some curls, kickbacks and laterals to give the arms/delts some extra stimulation without over taxing them.

The Key:
Here is what I think is the key to the success of my program. I started out conservative with weights I could dominate. Then I made very modest jumps in weight. Using 1.25 and 2.5 pound plates to make the small jumps. With the law of repeated efforts, I was able to build up to where I am now without stalling.

Example:

Late January
DB Press, 62x10 (first in workout, fresh)

Now
DB Press, 82x10 (after the flat bench press, already fatigued)

Mid May
Flat Bench 170x10, 5 sets

Now
Flat Bench 200x10, 5 sets

Thursday

67 days

Deadlift
368.5x5, 8 sets

Shrug - held for 1 second at peak contraction
283.5x10, 3 sets

Suspended Bridge Leg Curl superset with Leg Extension
BWx8 with 107.5x8, 3 sets

Active Rest:
Tricep Rope Pushdown
45x8, lots of sets

Stiff Arm Band Lat Pulldown
Bandx10, 2 sets

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 09-30-2011 at 01:38 PM.