ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Wings...I want them
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 AM
greatkeen is getting BIGGER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
How many guys do you see with a thick back that is not wide and a wide back that is not thick?

Rows, Pullups, and Deadlifts are the answer. A lot of guys don't deadlift because they are hard and painful. Ronnie Coleman said it best when he said everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but don't want to lift heavy weight.

Can you build a good back without deadlifts? Probably but it will take a lot longer to get there. Unless you have a legit problem where it is dangerous to deadlift then Man up and get to it... If you actually want to reach your goals.

The foundation to any good program is Squat, DL, Bench, and Overhead press. Throw in some rows and pullups and you are on your way.
really very good point, cos i really see alot of ameature guys with real thick & defined backs but not really wide.... i am not talking abt the pros but nattys in general arrnd...with all over decent physiques showing all the hard work, come to back its thick but not wide....

Deadlifts dont hit lats any more then squats hit midsection to give six pack abs...lolz now i am sure people would argue squats help build six packs too...

anyways original thread & my point so far has been that deadlift dont hit lats...they dont make ur back wide...only slightly nuthing fancy... pullups are the king for lats...pull downs & variations are good..Kapish..