ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - PWO Carbohydrates
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 AM
kranked354 is praising God on his way to Bigness.
Stranger

The third article seems to be somewhat against the first article. It would be interesting to know how much of a mix it was (the third article I'm talking about) and what proteins, as well as what carbohydrates. The first article suggests consuming a mix of slow and fast digested proteins post workout and leaving carbs to be absorbed about 3-4 hours after to maximise protein synthesis and hence muscle growth as the cells will maintain an increased sensitivity to insulin for an extended period of time; causing all the protein to be asorbed and used until the glycogen stores are replenished.

The very obvious data in article 3 is strong evidence of the opposite. The second article however suggests a mix of both other articles in that if you have enough protein, carbohydrates isn't going to do anything. But they were testing 0.6g per kilo. So 48g of protein for an 80kg person and 46g of carbs in the PRO + HCHO side of the study. I would like to see a study with more carbs involved to see if the first article is at all verified. At least we can see that a 1:1 mix seems to work the best from the two studies.
"There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink, and to find enjoyment in their work[out]. This also that I saw was from the hand of God." - Ecclesiastes 2:24

"I've got nothing to say, I just want to eat my cake." - Louis Ferrigno