ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Tuesday

207 days - dang, I can't believe it's going to be in the one hundreds soon, time flies when you are having fun bulking

Morning

Summer vacation has started for my kids, thus my schedule won't be quite as locked in. Today, my oldest was at soccer camp and my youngest was home with my wife, so I thought I would have a chance to play with him at lunch, so decided to try a quad-dominant workout in the morning.

I first attempted partial squats because of my hip flexor pain, these sucked, just couldn't get motivated to do them. Plus, I thought better of it, because I don't want to ingrain a motor pattern of partial squats. Then I tried barbell hack squats, they hit the quads fairly well, but are just an awkward movement.

I finished with a tri-set of leg extensions, suspended bridge leg curl and elevated split squats. I went too deep on split squats and I could feel the hip pain. This sucks big time.

However, with all of my recent experimentation, I think I have it narrowed down to two main exercises; walking lunges and snatch grip deadlift. Workout Machine recommended walking lunges to me awhile back, I should have just went with them when he first told me (You are the man Mike, I am an idiot!). With walking lunges, I don't have to worry about hurting my hip because my knee touches the ground before I get to the deep ROM that hurts. And snatch grip deadlift forces you to get your hips lower, which helps bring in more quad.

So, I will try to make Tuesday my deadlift day and then Thursday will be my more quad-dominant day with snatch grip deadlift and walking lunges.

Occluded Walk

After getting back from my occluded walk, I did 1 set of 10 reps, walking lunges while still occluded....I liked it...a lot! I might have to combine weighted walking lunges and occlusion!

Lunch

My son was playing with a neighbor friend, so I got to workout at lunch, I was glad because my morning workout sucked big time (experimenting, didn't really break a sweat)

Deadlift
356, 366, 376, 386, 396, 406x3
416x3, 2 sets
361x6, 2 sets

Leg Extension
125x10, 3 sets

superset with

Snatch Grip Deadlift - practice for Thursday
206x10, 2 sets

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 06-07-2011 at 04:49 PM.