ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Last Friday night we spent the night in a hotel as a Christmas present to our two boys. It was a blast, swam in their pool and just had a good ol' time.

However, I caught a cold, I am guessing from the pool room, the warm environment probably fosters germs.

Saturday I did a lats/biceps workout and aggravated my bicep strain big time. It hurts to even attempt a bodyweight pushup (bicep is a stabilizer on pushing movements). So I am taking time off. Sometimes time off is planned, other times God says, "Take time off" by throwing a cold and injuries at you, lol!

What can I say, I have been going HARD ever since I started my diet. And coming off my 5.5 month diet, I started training 3-a-days. I truly believe that my downfall came a few weeks ago when I cut out the 3rd session. The eccentric-less training was contributing to my ability to recover from the huge frequency of training. I started to get the delt and bicep pain after cutting out the eccentric-less training. Darn Pennsylvania cold and snow!

I always believed it was beneficial, not now I have experienced first hand how my body responded to trying to train with high volume and high frequency WITHOUT eccentric-less training. I will plan my split accordingly until I can go back to 3-a-days in the Spring. I will have to cut back on volume and frequency during the winter. That said, not sure when I will lift again. I haven't touched a weight since Saturday. Mentally, I am itching to train now, but I can tell my bicep is still in quite a bit of pain. I can probably squat right now, that's it. No deadlift because I use a mix grip (even though I alternate) it would leave my bicep prone to aggravating the injury, unless I use straps so I can avoid aggravating my bicep.

So the plan is to try my best and enjoy this break. Squat and Deadlift when I can. And as soon as my bicep heals, get back to upperbody work.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 12-23-2010 at 06:08 PM.