ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

So I feel like trash lately, it is my own stupid fault.

First, my lower back is tight as can be, because I squat Monday, deadlift Tuesday, T-bar row on Wednesday and then repeat for Thursday, Friday, Saturday. My lower back was only getting Sunday off.

I think I have the solution for that. I will do chest-supported rows to take the pressure off my lower back on Wednesday and Saturday. I tried it out by laying on my ab bench, it felt great and I was able to target my lats just as effectively as the t-bar rows.

Second, my left delt is killing me on pressing. I completely ditched my morning OH pressing workout today. Again, my fault, I was pressing 5 days in a row. Flat on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. OH Pressing on Tuesday and Thursday. Now, I feel my training is balanced in terms of pressing vs pulling and external rotation type work. Not sure, what I will do about this. I like my set up. I may try OH presses with dumbbells, assess in a few weeks.

-------

Tuesday

AM - OH Press

Epic Fail

Lunch - Deadlift

Deadlift - no belt, 1 minute rest between sets
271 (plus 20) 331x3
351x14 sets

superset with light arm work

Today called for 8 sets with 351 and then 6 sets with 80% of 351. However, I felt good and stuck with 351 for all the sets and will go up to 356 on Friday's deadlift session.

-----

And so it starts.....Winter is upon us in SouthWest PA. I spent the first part of my morning shoveling about 4 inches of snow.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano