ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Trial of Dedication, a workout journal.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

To comment on my last post lol...it was not worth it. It tore one of my calves minorly and took weeks to heal because I wouldn't let up long enough for it to heal quickly.

To update, though, I'm finally back in the gym lifting normally after 6 months or so as I've dedicated my exercise to the martial arts (taekwondo), as well as due to some hand injuries, and so don't lift often with my legs in order to keep them primed for my time in the do jang. However, I've taken 3 weeks off and I'm hitting the weights hard for strength and endurance, and piling on HIIT cardio until I get back to the academy in another 2 weeks. Today was my first leg lifting session in those many months for the most part. I'm still in good shape, but **** I'm not used to weight bearing exercises other than lifting some one off the ground with a kick! Looking forward to the results from this cycle of lifting. Today was mostly just weight range finding and getting my feet wet once more after a couple weeks of being sick and recovering from competition.

Leg Extensions:
1x150x8
2x8x160

Leg Curl
3x6x150

Adductor
3x15x190 (Machine is maxed, can't get lower rep ranges)

Abductor
3x6x140

Calve Raises
1x20x230
1x25x250

These were all completed in a circuit fashion. Next time volume and weight increases, with warmup and cool down sets of higher volume (15-20reps).

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com