ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 01:48 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
EXACTLY. Rest and nutrition are key components to that. Most people cannot recover from high volume because their diets are horrific.
Yea, when I was in college I noticed that people could not recover because of horrible diets, not enough sleep, alcohol consumption, and also consistency. I've had friends who didn't work out for a period of time and then picked it back up all of sudden using some high volume bodybuilding magazine workout. Obviously, your body isn't going to be use to that much volume out of nowhere. You need to build up to it. I use to only be able to workout 3 or 4 times per week or my numbers wouldn't be as good in the later half of the week. But now, with proper nutrition and having given my body time to adapt, I can lift 5 times per week of pretty much all squat, deadlift, or bench variations. Our bodies are truly something amazing!

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page