ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Jaypo's Training
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 06:23 PM
jaypo is losing pounds, but putting on mass!

Default Jaypo's Training

Hey, guys. I'm starting this journal to motivate myself. I've hit a plateau, and my buddy just inspired me to try Mark Rippetoe's program. So I'm going to try it for a few months to increase my strength and muscle mass.

I'm currently 5'11", 189 lbs, about 18% body fat (using the hand held meter). I workout about 3 times per week. I have bad genetics, so I'm generally small framed. In my younger days, I maxed on bench at 315 (1 rep), squatted 405, shoulder pressed 225. My triceps, biceps, and back are pretty strong. (I can do about 33 pullups in a row on a good day). I tore my labrum in my shoulder about 2 years ago, so I can no longer use a barbell for chest or shoulders, so I use dumbells. I'm still pretty strong for my size, but I want to increase my strength slowly and safely. That's why I'm researching more scientific methods. In my younger days, I just piled weight on and went at it recklessly. That lead to 2 torn triceps and a torn shoulder labrum!

I'm coming off of a finger surgery, so I'll probably start tomorrow. The program is basically olympic type lifts, and it supposedly helps people gain size and strength pretty efficiently. I'm not so much interested in the size part. I'm okay with my weight now. But I want to increase my strength and do exercises that give me more big muscle work to maximize the cardio benefit as well.

So I'll keep this updated as much as possible. I'm doing this to try to keep me on track with the program. I'd appreciate any feedback you could give me about the program if you know about it. Thanks, guys!

Last edited by jaypo; 10-19-2010 at 04:37 PM.