ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Thursday

Leg Day

This was an evening workout after a day of low carbs, I felt very sluggish going into it. My body is really used to 2 things:

1) Drinking tons of water - this has really helped to keep me feeling full while on a caloric deficit, but today I was on a field trip with my son and couldn't drink water like I can at my desk job (with non-stop access to a bathroom, lol)
2) Lunch Break workouts - for the last month, I have been working out on my lunch break, this has been huge because while dieting, I find I drag towards the end of the day (on a bulk, it doesn't seem to matter as much).

So today, I couldn't workout at lunch and couldn't drink much water, result, I felt hungry all day and drained by the time I did this workout. I started light and did lots of progression. My body was finally into it by the half squats.

Squat
70, 90, 120, 140, 170, 190, 220, 235, 250, 265x3

Half Squat off pins
265, 290, 310, 330x5

SLDL - no belt
170, 190, 210, 230, 250, 270, 290x5

Something finally clicked on SLDL, I have always enjoyed them, but never put the focus into them that they needed in terms of execution. I really tried to think about squeezing my butt to help with the concentric and finishing with my butt as well, as opposed to just using my hamstrings, completely different feel.

Leg Curl
4 sets until failure

Today

Pull Day - Lunch Break

On limited time, lunch was slightly shorter than normal, cut out all fluff (not that there is ever much fluff in my workouts, those who follow along know), just the basics. Great workout.

T-Bar
120 (plus 15) 195x5

Chinup
BW (plus 15) BW+60 x5

T-Bar - 60 seconds rest between sets
152.5 x 11, 9, 9

Chinup superset with Ab Wheel rollouts - just enough rest to catch breath
BW x 8, 7, 7 with BW x 10, 10, 10

This was a neat superset, hitting my lats from two different angles.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 10-08-2010 at 05:18 PM.