ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeKay View Post
are you going to follow Jacob's "pre-contest week" workout/diet? or do you have some other plans for your contest week?
Yes, more or less. Diet-wise, I won't be following his sample diet, but I will be water loading, sodium loading, carb depleting and carb loading following the protocol mentioned in the article. Further, I will be doing depletion workouts twice a day as outlined, but I will be not be following the samples. I have my own exercises planned. As mentioned in the article, the eccentric-phase can actually impair glycogen uptake. So, in light of this, I will be doing extra eccentric-less tire work as part of my depletion protocol in addition to normal barbell, dumbbell and bodyweight exercises. I personally think this will be even better than the sample workouts.

-------

Last Night

Push Day #1 - PM Session

Got work done outside in the dark and cold with my tire

When Sam-I-Am asks me, "Would you, could you in the dark?"
I reply, "Yes, cutting ain't a walk in the park!"

Today

Push Day #2 - Lunch Break Session

Nothing much to report, day 2 is the easiest day of my spec phase, no PR's or anything like that.

Strength Circuit - Inc Bench, DB Shoulder Press, DB Chest Press

Iso Circuit - DB Fly, 1 Arm Cable Crossover, Deadstop Lateral Raise, Lateral Raise

Max Rep Circuit - Inc Bench, DB Shoulder Press, DB Chest Press, Pushups, Dips, more Pushups

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 10-05-2010 at 05:18 PM.