ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Arian's Rise to Power
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 01:12 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Yea, I finally get a partner but he's taking me in the opposite direction. I have another friend who is deciding between joining my gym or a 24 hour gym. So maybe he'll turn out better if he joins mine. If not, I'll just have to keep it going on my own.

9/30/10 - Biceps & Triceps

EZ Bar Curl superset with DB Curl
80/5 for 4 sets, 80/3
20/5 for 4 sets, 20/3

EZ Bar Preacher Curl superset with DB Hammer Curl
70/5 for 2 sets
10/5 for 2 sets

Dips superset with Cable Pressdowns
5 for 4 sets
120/5 for 4 sets

DB Overhead Extension
50/5
65/5
65/5

So the past couple times, when I do straight bar curls my right forearm starts hurting. So I tried the EZ bar this time, but still got the same result. I'm assuming since its only one arm and its my dominant arm, that I am trying to compensate with that arm and doing something wrong. Its okay though because its curls, which I don't plan on doing much anymore. This is the first time I've ever done an arm day in a routine and didn't like it that much.

I have a race, Barbarian Challenge, on October 23rd and I am trying to participate in the FSU Powerlifiting Competition with Mike on November 6th. So I think I am going to switch back to a strength specific routine working on a main lift + accessory exercises each day. And I will implement some cardio just so I can be in shape for my race. It's only 3.5 miles and has various obstacles so it shouldn't be too hard to have fun and compete in.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page