ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Gone through the last few pages of your journal, great work man. I'm 177 lbs right now and don't nearly look as good as you.
Thanks for the complement, I've been busting my butt. You'll get there, you are young and training smart. I didn't start training smart until I was 28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
One question I have is about your comment on high g-flux. I've always wondered if it was better to like gain with 3000 calories in and 2500 out or intake more and do more cardio to like 3500 in and 3000 out. And a similar thing on a cut. What are your/Berardi's thoughts on the matter?
Yes, short answer, it is better to eat more and burn more, whether cutting or bulking.

For the details, well, I'll give you Berardi's thoughts, he says it better than I can, and check out the article.

"On the exercise end, increased exercise volume and frequency means improved nutrient partitioning — more calories go toward muscle growth and/or energy provision and fewer to fat cells. It means better insulin sensitivity. It also means additional opportunity to stimulate protein turnover, tissue remodeling, and positive adaptation.

More calories mean sustained sympathetic nervous system activity, maintained metabolic rates, and, perhaps most important to the entire process, better vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant status"

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano