ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - ElitePL242's Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:31 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

ok, i really need to start updating this thing more often.

my peaking cycle is still going pretty well. the last few weeks have been as follows:

bench: (has been feeling pretty good lately, close grip is definitely getting stronger)
320x3x7
330x3x6
340x3x5

deadlift:
475x2x7 (felt good and easy)
490x2x6
510x2x5 (ripped my hand open on 5th rep of set 2, blood everywhere, taped it up and finished the workout)

squat:
475x3x7
490x3x6
510x3x5

the lifting so far has been pretty good, except deadlift. but then again, that's a totally different kind of beast. i'll try to get a video of my deadlift session this friday. it's weird because the first rep will be surprisingly heavy and then i completely forget about the rest of the set, almost like i blackout. i do them, i just forget about the set when i'm done.

in other news, i didn't get the 1 position i was going for because the coach didn't hear from me and filled it anyway. it ended up working out better for me because the other head s&c coach works with the outdoor sports (the ones i wanted) and works at a better facility and i got an internship position. so from waking up at 4:30am every morning to getting home at 9:00pm, with class mixed in, i've been pretty busy.

mike, i will call you tomorrow probably around 1ish and then again at 6ish if i don't get you the first time. thursday i will most likely be busy all day. then i will try again on friday. the agenda to talk about:
- usual stuff about how not normal we are
- talk of how we will both be the first to total 3000lbs
- throw around diet ideas
- future training ideas
- a better warmup protocol
- your excellent paper (which is still a secret btw)
- travel plans for a winter trip down to florida to finally make worlds collide

as you can tell, i am excited about everything and for the first time in a while, extremely motivated to succeed.

extra: while i was squatting the other day, a guy that started lifting this summer did a full rom bodyweight dip x5 (when 4 weeks ago he couldn't even do 1) started celebrating with the rest of his buddies (which i was ok with). i then went on to tell him "why are you celebrating? now you have to get 6." at that point it occurred to me how unnatural my thinking process is to normal people.

“each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.”

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Last edited by ElitePL242; 09-15-2010 at 03:39 AM.