ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Big Bear: Cant hold me down forever
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:43 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

I'm in agreement with Commander.

My thoughts on Crossfit: First of all, it is like a cult and I can't stand it. They think they are the first ones to ever do metabolic workouts and circuits. I did metabolic workouts in college all the time...it was called soccer practice. I credit them for good marketing, but with 99.9% of the population having no idea about exercise, lifting, running, or whatever there goals are it isn't that hard to sell something. I mean look at Chuck Norris he runs an infomercial with Christie Brinkley and he has sold a lifetime's worth of total gyms (by the way does Christie Brinkley come with that if I order it?).

Now, some of what they do is great for someone who just wants to get in shape and burn calories, but if you have a specific goal of strength, endurance, or whatever it may be it is awful. There is no periodization involved so it's not even that efficient of a way to prepare for so called "CrossFit" games. Burning calories for the general population, then it's great. But for you, you're a monster, so this would kill your strength and waste your time.

Okay, sorry, I'm done now.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter