View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
is logging on ABC included in those 40 min
Sadly, I have time to log at work.

May I rant for a moment bigbear.......( I will assume you say "yes" )

My work doesn't give me enough work to do. I have worked here 2.5 years and in that time I have formally in writing requested additional work twice and done so verbally several times as well.

Basically, I wanted to absorb the work of the 2nd caseworker who holds a similar position as me ( I asked for the work on occasions when the 2nd caseworker was leaving, I wasn't expecting them to can the guy for me ). The long and short of it, I was told no way, they will always have 2 caseworkers for this position. I work for the government so that should tell you something.

I am terribly efficient with MS Excel, the main platform I use to do my work, and thus I have even more free time on my hands then when I first started this job because I have completely streamlined it, eliminating all sorts of duplicate work.

I am ethically obligated (due to my work regulations) not to make money at work on non-work related things. So I can't do an internet business or free lance work (not that I have many other talents, lol ). So I basically have plenty of time to post on ABC and to read things that interest me. For example, I read the entire Federalist Papers while at work.

On a positive note, I also have used the extra time to do volunteer work (no ethical issues there). For example, I update the Westmoreland County Right to Life's webpage, I work as a pseudo-trustee for my church with its Caring Pastor, and I even edited articles for ABC for awhile....speaking of which, I should let Venom know I am available again. Basically, I try to keep busy with positive things.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
dang man, those macros look LOW, compared to what I am used to seeing!! 172 cho is like breakfast, lunch and a snack for me!
Yes, they are finally low by anyone's standards, but they are working, I'm losing fat and I feel great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Dude, that's awesome and that is the sign of dedication as well. Limited time, but you got the job done with no excuses. You work midnight shifts, sleep little sometimes, have a family to care for and you turn out sessions like this. I don't get impressed easily nor do I think praise should be given out lightly, but you my friend deserve it. Your journal inspires me more than anyone else's on this site.
Wow, what an incredibly kind thing to say, thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Now, I can't say that I approve of working on your tan...but we'll let it slide.
Believe me, when I finally post pictures, you will be happy I worked on my tan!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano