ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Questions and problems I have been struggling with for years....
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Sorry to over simplify - but read and pray, read and pray.
This is exactly the right advice. I would advise that you add fasting and meditation as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdisciplex View Post
This alone can't be it. Otherwise all christians would agree wouldn't they? They all read and pray.
It sounds like you are listening to waaaaay to many sermons and trying to piece together what other people believe without actually looking for proof in the Bible. This will never lead you to any answers, only confusion. God instructs us not to just listen to what men say and believe it “Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.” (Jer 17:5). Rather He exhorts us to “prove all things” (1Thes 5:21). Case in point . . .
Quote:
He said when Jesus exhaled on the disciples after the resurrection they did not get the Holy Spirit in a sense of the Holy Spirit living in them but they only got an Old Testament kind of anointing which enabled them to understand Jesus' teachings.
Read your Bible and you will see that this is complete hogwash. Read Acts 2 and tell me that the disciples did not receive the Holy Spirit

Quote:
How do you define relationship? Does God speak to you with a voice? Do you feel His presence when you spend time with Him?
All christians speak about a "relationship"´with God. How do you have a relationship with someone you don't see hear or feel? Then I can as well say I have a relationship with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
God does not speak to people in a voice except for extremely rare cases that we do not need to get into here. He will speak to you through answered prayer.

Quote:
Another really huge problem I struggle with is faith. ) If God can only answer my prayer if I have enough faith and waver not, then how can I have confidence? If the answer depends not on God but on my ability to have faith and to not waver then it is no longer faith in God but faith in my faith!
When you pray ask God for faith. It is not your faith anyway, it is Jesus Christ’s faith dwelling in you that God grants . . . “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:” (Rom 3:22). You of your own volition can not build your own faith. It does not happen that way ask God to build you faith . . . He won’t let you down. “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” (Jude v. 24-25)
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23