ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Exactly, can't wait to see what you can do with some duct tape, a match, and a toilet paper roll.
Sounds like a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
On a serious note during the bench press did you find yourself working harder to stabilize the bar?
Yes, most definitely. My "chains" worked better on the squat, they were slightly uneven feeling on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
LOL commander..you are THE MAN!!!
Thanks bigbear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
only thing i can see, did the rope want to pull you over at all? a chain piles up nice on the floor, but your rope was just like "heaping" for lack of a better term...but really, im impressed! you remind me of my dad, always building things...and today I like to call myself pretty handy...your kids are lucky!
They seemed to heap OK, at least for the squat, I may play around with the height of the rope for the bench. I didn't feel pulled in any direction for the squat. Bench was slightly unstable.

Funny thing, my Dad never built anything! I am not sure where I got it from, only thing I can think of is that my desire to be cheap drives me!

I won't pretend it is as nice as getting chains, but if you have rope lying around and some spare weights, go for it.

I used a total of four 5 pounders, and twelve 2.5 pounders. And about 18.5 feet per side, so 39 feet total of rope.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano