ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
We'll have to see some updated pics when this is all said and done. Solid bench too.
No, I am committed to not putting any new pictures up until I can really see a difference. I remember taking pictures when I bulked from low 180's to close to 200. I really thought I'd see a difference, but it was almost imperceptible. I want to really bulk (215 at a minimum) and reassess from there before I even think of taking more pictures.

----------

Heavy Squat

Squat
70, 120, 140, 160, 180, 200, 220x3 no belt
Added belt - 240, 260, 280, 300, 320x3

Front Squat - no belt
170, 180, 190, 200x3

Chinup
BWx14 (tie PR)
BWx10
BWx10 (used straps - just trying something new)
BWx8 (used straps)

Well, when I had my squat meltdown last week, it was after I tried powerlifting squats after not having squatted heavy since November. And 240x3 felt heavy last week, which is why I was so disappointed since in November I squatted 390x1 and 350x5. I theorized since my other lifts were going well, that is was largely a nervous system/motor pattern issue and I could get back on track in a reasonable amount of time. Well, I think I was right.

320x3 is not where I should be, it's about 40lbs weaker (given a PR of 350x5, I could have handled rougly 360x3 back in November)...but it is a heck of a lot better than 240 feeling heavy one week ago!

Thanks again to all those who encouraged me. I am getting back on track and will continue to work to get to where I was and surpass that.

Chins felt good, hoping to hit a PR, but I hit a wall on the 14th rep. Added straps on the 3rd and 4th set. I have never done that before, just wanted to see if I could get an extra rep or 2 out of it due to the stress off the forearms. I think it did help, my reps didn't go down from set 2 to 3 and I was going for max reps each set so I typically expect a decrease.

--------

Diet update:
Bodyweight average this week: 198.3

My weight is back up to where it was when I stalled. Now it is onward and upward!

Eating roughly 4300 calories per day (para-workout nutrition NOT included in that total).

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 03-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.