ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
commander, quick question, do u ever do any cardio? you stay lean...but at the same time i never see cardio in your log! how do you manage to stay lean...I am a recovering run a holic..hahah recently have decided to tone my running back, i feel guilty in my head! lol

-Question: are you only listing your working sets...or is that everything..what about warmups? i know you are using the dynmaic warmup, but what about some lighter sets on the lifts you are doing?
Well, I'm not as lean as I'd like. I carry fat in my pecs, lower back and abs, and of course, there's a little extra in the glutes. I never to cardio, occasionally, I'll throw in some jump rope between sets if I have to rest a long time between sets. But, I've probably done less than 30 minutes of jump rope since finishing my cut in mid-Summer of 2009. So, the answer is, I only really do cardio during a cut.

How do I stay lean? Well, as I mentioned, I'm not as lean as I'd like, but I stay relatively lean by attempting to gain weight slowly and eat clean 98% of the time. For example, when I first started my bulk, I was losing weight due to my metabolism adjusting. I didn't sweat it, I remained patient.

Yes, I'm only listing working sets. I fluctuate back and forth in my log between listing everything and only listing working sets. Right now, it's just working sets. My lighter sets are not for reps, just 1, 2 or 3 reps max to get my body used to the weight as I gradually increase to my working range.

------------

Heavy Military

Seated OH Press
130x6
140x4
150x4

Dec Bench
100, 150, 170, 190, 200x5

Dips
BW+40x8
BW+60x6
BW+80x6
BWx17

Short and sweet. Tomorrow is deadlifts for some dead presidents.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano