ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
I love how deep you get, you're getting a serious stretch there.
Thanks! I feel it the next day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Glad the warm-up is working for you.

Also, there are a couple interesting thing about this 'dynamic pre-activation' method. First, I like it. Secondly, there was a study done by Carlos Ugrinowitsch out of Sao Paulo University in Brazil (he was a visiting scholar at Florida St. with us) who looked at individuals who squatted 3 days a week. One group squatted for power (40-60%) and the other group for strength (85%-95%) 3 days a week. There was no difference in strength gains between groups, in other words the groups that squatted for power saw just as many strength gains as the strength group. Now, I don't believe you can only squat explosively for other reasons and minor flaws in the study, but it is interesting.

Third, your idea also works in reverse and it is something called Postactivation Potentiation (PAP). Essentially saying that performing a heavy muscle contraction before an explosive even will increase power. So on your DE squat day, if you did one set of a 5RM then did your DE work, you would be more explosive on your DE work. This kind of thing is most commonly studied with a squat followed by a vertical jump or a sprint for the performance test.

Anyway, Commander sorry for the rambling on your journal, your post just got me thinking because I very much like the 'dynamic pre-activation' that you spoke of. And yes, your dips with the 80 seemed faster as well.
You don't have to apologize, you can ramble any time. I enjoy learning from you.

I really liked the technique as well, and I like your point about it working in reverse.

--------

Snatchgrip Deficit Deadlift
266x3
356x3
246x3
371x3
226x3
386x3
206x3
406x3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQMZBNd58us

Used the DAC technique, I like it, but I didn't enjoy getting down to change the plates for deadlift, definitely a better technique to use with bench or shoulder press just in terms of ease of switching plates.

Conventional DL
326x8

Weighted Situps
25, 35, 50, 50x8

Back Extensions
10, 25, 25, 25x8

Stretching and foam rolling

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 01-17-2010 at 02:27 AM.