ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Very good thinking, always stick to the basics. There is no replacement for a squat, bench, deadlift, or military press. Your list has everything that you need.
No doubt

-------

warmup:
Rollover to V-sit
Mountain Climbers
A few depth jumps
squats from the rack

Front Squat
150, 165, 180, 195, 210, 220x3
170x8

Lunge
10, 30, 50, 70, 90x5
30x13

Beat my numbers from last week on both the front squat and lunge, still owning the weight. Max reps sets are stopped when I start to slow down.

Stretching, foam rolling, some ab wheel rollouts. I LOVE the feeling of doing a bodyweight squat after stretching and foam rolling....I can hit rock bottom with no creaky joints, no pain, no tightness...I feel like my young kids in terms of mobility and flexibility....when I start my workout, that's another story, I feel like an old man the first few minutes, lol.

I saw the rollover to V-sit & mountain climbers in a recent DeFranco T-Muscle article, I really liked them as a warmup. The moutain climbers especially felt great and got my hips loose. The depth jumps and squats from the rack were to get my CNS primed.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano