ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Machine-Like: Time To Get Strong and Defy Gravity
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Default Machine-Like: Time To Get Strong and Defy Gravity

Hi everyone, my name is Mike Zourdos and I just joined the site. I am a 24 year old Ph.D. student in Exercise Physiology at Florida St. University. I have been lifting forever now and am a competitive powerlifter.

For the past few years I have been running marathons and competing in powerlifting (this is awesome and awful all at the same time) and after my 5th marathon decided it was time to become incredibly strong.

Before FSU I was the Strength and Conditioning Coach at Salisbury University in MD. and played soccer at Marietta College in Ohio. That is my training background. Now I'm planning on traveling to MD. in Dec. for a USAPL meet in hopes to qualify for nationals, I would like to track my journal here for my quest to get strong. have had the honor of lifting with President Wilson and designing programs with him, with that said I use a non-linear program, in which I lift 5 days a week. I just started a 6-week cycle on Tuesday, I'll start the first two days here. I am 5'6'', 172lbs, just came up from 158 and working my way toward 181. Thanks everyone and please any input is always appreciated, the atmosphere here seems great.

Here is an old lifting video of myself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TODPrDJB94s