ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Satellite Cell activation may not be necessary for muscle hypertrophy
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
This is jakes field of expertise, so I just refer to him for questions like these. I told him about it so hopefully he can respond.

He told me you don't have to have satelite cell activation for newbies; but for monsters like you guys, it is likely required.

AKT I am familiar with and research in my lab. It is an upstream target of the mTOR pathway, which can increase muscle protein synthesis. Appears to be stimulated by insulin and exercise/growth factors. My research so far has not shown much evidence for leu working through this pathway to stimulate mTOR. But I digress...
what about the elderly? don't satellite cells play a role in overload-induced hypertrophy? perhaps we don't have to provide a traditional overload to help fight sarcopenia...i think i might be making this way to simplistic...hmm....by the way...I LOVE ABCBODYBUILDING.com nowhere else will you find scientific backed conversation

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity