ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Trial of Dedication, a workout journal.
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Well, my neck and shoulder pain is nearly gone, and I go in tomorrow to the chiropractor to have my neck adjusted and what not. So for now I will be getting back to lifting with my lower body, but for the moment I'm taking it really light as far as the type of exercises I'm doing, so I will be doing leg machines such as leg extension, curl, adductor, abductor, and calves. No leg press, and probably no upper body for at least another week to give myself more recovery time.

My levels of exhaustion are getting plain stupid. Its affecting my ability to function, and now that I have a job interview tuesday for a kitchen position, not being able to maintain high energy will be a huge problem. Tonight I'm going without my sleep aid, and we'll see what happens. Tomorrow I hope to get to the gym regardless of either of my gym partners joining me, and doing the above leg machines with very high rep ranges, but hopefully some intensity. 20-30 reps per set to mix it up.

I am also running my macro numbers for a few days to get a good look at what my diet is like. Today I was careful on carbs, coming in at 159 grams, but only a total of 2160 calories, no wonder I was feeling like I was going to pass out half of the time. I really need to find a way to get more calories without tons more carbs. Without the cash to shovel meat into my mouth, or some other fitting alternative, without eating nothing but saturated fats, I'm not sure how to achieve this. A scoop of peanut butter each day will help, and will get me good fats. But eating it without having it on bread, albeit wheat? We'll see.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com

Last edited by Algavinn; 08-17-2009 at 07:32 AM.