ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Muscular Guys Have Been Weeded Out By Evolution
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Boddhisatva is try to get up after falling off the horse yet again!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
natural selection is going on now through subconcious and hormonal response, men (generally are attracted to curvy women) not just physically but subconciously this makes them better at carrying children there is a talk about it somewhere on internet.
I will agree that we do have preferences towards certain types of women, but there are very few cases of human not reproducing because they are unable to find a partner. This in turn practically eliminates any kind of selection. I do think that we are evolving, as there will always be genetic changes. I just don't believe evolution is controlled by a natural selection process anymore.

You could argue that certain types of women are inclined to bear more children. Some religious groups have definitely used this as a means of increasing their followers. Not quite sure if I would accept it as a form of natural selection though.
"Come on, Shake off the covers of this sloth," the master said,"for sitting softly cushioned, or tucked in bed, is no way to win fame; and without it man must waste his life away, leaving traces of what he was on earth as smoke in the wind and foam upon the water. Stand up! Dominate this weariness of yours with the strength of soul that wins in every battle if it does not sink beneath the body's weight"
~Dante Alighieri, The Inferno