ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - [From Psychology forum] General Religion Discussion
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaGetBig View Post
You sure about that?
...Holy brainwash, Batman.

Anyway, let me edit my previous statement: a good portion of the founding fathers were theists or deists. Some of them did believe in a supreme being but doubted the existence of a "loving father" or whatever you would like to establish as the feel-good moniker for him. It was EXTREMELY risky to be anything but Christian in the days of the constitution.

The founding fathers would surely be disappointed to see where we have come today, where churches battle for people, and, ultimately, the tithes that come with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogjodoin
Open your mind and stop believing the lies of the God haters.
Well, I'm not a God-hater, I just refuse to believe something that has never been proven. So in effect, all I'm doing is "not taking a giant leap of faith." Right? Hah.

No, I take that back, I do hate God. I hate him because of what this fictional being has turned our world into. Violence, greed, hate, and utter irrationality amongst billions.

It was Thomas Jefferson who said, "Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

and...

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaGetBig View Post
You would also have to be blind to not notice how this country has gone downhill as it has continuously pushed Christ away. More and more people push Christ away and things seem to get worse and worse.
That is an incredibly biased statement based upon a subjective interpretation of the state of the country relative to your personal belief system.

Last edited by rootb33r; 06-12-2009 at 01:03 PM.