ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Exercise of The Week (Females Only) #1-10
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Default Week 8

BABY GOT BACK?

Ok this one was given to me by a powerlifter and was intended for many looking to strengthen lower back for heavier squating, deadlifting etc but i decided the women should get the heads up first for once

To begin the reverse hyperextension exercise, lie face down on the exercise bench with your hips and legs hanging off the bench.

With your legs straight and your arms wrapped around the bench for support, lift your legs up while breathing in. Concentrate on using your lower back, hamstrings, and glutes to lift your legs up. Lift your legs until they are a little higher than bench level.

Hold your legs up a short duration. (One or two seconds is sufficient.)

Carefully bring your legs back down as you breathe out. Congratulations! You’ve just completed one repetition of a reverse hyperextension on an exercise bench.

Repeat steps 1-4 several times. For most exercises, including reverse hyperextensions, the normal range of repetitions for one set is between 6 and 10. As a beginner, I recommend starting out with one set of 6-8 repetitions of the reverse hyperextension exercise to avoid potential injury. Gradually work up to 3-4 sets of 10-12 repetitions as your strength increases. The reverse hyperextension exercise will make a great addition to your weight training routine